So another goal of mine concerning healthier living is removing toxins from my home. Awhile back I was cleaning out my oven and as me and my husband were choking on the fumes from the Easy Off, I thought to myself why I am using this stuff? I had stopped using sodium hydroxide in my hair because I was aware of how harmful it is but I hadn’t thought to remove it from my house completely. So this time when I cleaned my stove I used baking soda and vinegar. It was great to not have to breathe in harmful fumes. I also thought about how some cleaner always gets left behind, you know when you are ready to cook something and you turn on the oven to find white spots. So now what do you do, turn the oven off putting off what you need to cook so the oven can cool down and you re-rinse the oven? Well I will admit I never did that and I’m sure that wasn’t a good idea. This time there was also some baking soda left but I didn’t feel bad by going ahead and cooking dinner anyway. In fact I still need to rinse it out, oops, I only remember when I am opening the oven to cook.
I have also removed most toxic cleaners and replaced them with environmental friendly brands as Mrs Myers Clean Day and Seventh Generation but at some point I think I will just make my own.
What toxins have you removed from your home and what did you replace it with?